Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blog Post #15


Choose a focus of either your final project topic or your career plan to develop an entrepreneurial assessment of yourself. This should be about a "1-page" activity. Some of these questions may help guide your thoughts: Do you want to be a "businessperson or an entrepreneur?" What traits and/or strengths do you see in your PDP that aligns with your thought? What weaknesses or opportunities for improvement do you notice that you would like to address to become a "businessperson or an entrepreneur?" Is entrepreneurship just about starting a business? Or is it much deeper and holistic than that? As the world quickly changes, which type of folks do you feel will be more on their "toes" and less on their "heels." Who do you think will achieve and live the happinesses that they seek in life?

here is a link to the comparisons I had shared in class:http://blog.topplaza.com/2011/07/businessman-vs-entrepreneur-whats-the-difference/

Do you want to be a "businessperson or an entrepreneur?"
When it comes to the question of choosing between entrepreneurship and business, I think that I would enjoy a mix of both. I would like to be able to have flexible hours, be able to keep up with my family and personal life, but also be able to have a stable job with a good income that can sustain the lifestyle I would like to live. I personally do not think I would like to run my own business or start my own company. I think I would need a lot more creativity to create a concept that I could live off of. I think I would rather work for an existing organization, but has entrepreneurship values. I would work for natural area restoration, environmental consulting, as well as a government job in botany, working to keep the wildlands wild.

The business aspects that align with my PDP:
-        -  financial freedoms
-       -   travel
-        -  career in USFS
-     -     science

The entrepreneurship aspects that align with my PDP:
·     -    Mission: My purpose or mission is to restore natural areas back to their original state. This may be in the forms of creating policies to keep the lands natural, it may be in the act of physically removing the undesirable plant species, or designing programs that educate youth about why it’s important to continue to preserve and care about the natural landscapes. Incorporate sustainable practices into Forest Service practices.
-        -  Social hours, family, friends
-      -    Renewable energy
-      -    Working with people and the environment
-        -  Restoration management
-      -    Happiness!

As the world changes, I think that entrepreneurs will most likely be “on their toes” rather than
“on their heels”.  I think that they will have the more fluid lifestyle that the world is going to need. I feel like business people are set in their ways, that they aren’t as open to change and innovation as they could be. Most business people need to start to consider less importance on the dollar, and more on the natural world, before it’s all gone. Once the world is gone, the people will be too, and the dollar will no longer have meaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment